Boston, MA & Singapore -- November 8, 2021 -- AIM Biotech has launched the idenTx 40 Plate, a high-throughput organ-on-a-chip system that lets researchers at biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies faithfully recreate the function of human organs and tissues without using animals for research. This empowers preclinical studies by delivering human-focused, clinically relevant results to better inform IND candidate selection.
"Our idenTx 40 Plate offers biopharma companies an elegant, simple and robust solution for assay development, compound screening and ADME-Tox to better predict drug safety, tolerability and efficacy in humans," said Jim McGorry, CEO of AIM Biotech. "It is engineered to handle exactly like standard high-throughput laboratory plates, working seamlessly with existing lab automation right out of the box. idenTx 40 can be used by companies in their own labs or in conjunction with our service model in our cutting-edge labs in Singapore and our planned lab space in Boston."
idenTx 40 is scaled to accommodate 40 independent experiments within the standard SBS plate format. The plate increases throughput for critical drug discovery assays that require accurate recreation of human microphysiology, all while working seamlessly with the downstream analytical instruments that are already integral to drug discovery labs around the globe. Key benefits of the idenTx 40 for researchers include the following:
- Easy scale-up of experiments and assays from other AIM Biotech, idenTx systems
- Compatible with laboratory automation / robotic fluid handling
- Compatible with a wide range of imaging modalities
- Compatible with polymerizable hydrogels
- Enables monotypic or organotypic co-culture models
- Designed for rapid media exchange through vacuum aspiration with no risk of over-aspiration
The plate is designed to be as flexible as possible with the following features:
- 40 independent experiments on a single idenTx 40 Plate
- Same experiment channels as other idenTx systems, just more compact
- Compliance with the SBS/ANSI 384-well plate standard
- Stackable to minimize incubator space usage
- Built-in fluid reservoirs and plate cover for evaporation control
- Gas permeable laminate for effective gas exchange and oxygen-controlled experiments
- Excellent optical clarity
- Sterile & ready-to-use
AIM Biotech's 3D human biology-on-a-chip technology empowers biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to revolutionize their preclinical drug discovery and molecular research. The core technology is the idenTx system, a family of specialized 3D microfluidic devices that simplify the generation of relevant human data from disease-specific assays including angiogenesis, vasculogenesis, metastasis, immuno-oncology, and 3D culture of tumor samples. Researchers can create customized assays, leverage AIM Biotech’s existing validated protocols or partner with the AIM Biotech service laboratory. AIM Biotech is located in Singapore and Boston, MA.